Reviews of submissions will be sent by March 1st, 2016.
ISIE Americas 2016 meeting will include parallel sessions for presentations of papers, as well as separate poster sessions. In both cases, we ask that potential presenters submit abstracts of no more than 500 words (text only, in English). Note that no written papers will be required for the meeting, only abstracts. Abstract submission should be made from September 30, 2015 to February 21, 2016. Review results will be announced by March 1st, 2016.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit contributions for Conference sessions. Submissions will be reviewed by conference organisers: In completing the abstract submission form, please select the most appropriate numbers (up to three categories) from the list of topics shown below. This will facilitate the process of reviewing abstracts and organizing those accepted in the meeting program. Also, please select a category to note that the abstract is from the original research or from published work.
- Sustainable consumption/production and circular economy
- Sustainable resource management
- Socio-economic metabolism and material flow analysis
- Waste management and recovery
- Resource management in mining
- Biomass and agriculture
- Applications of industrial ecology in the Americas
- Industrial ecology and policy: extended-producer responsibility, product policy
- Industrial ecology and institutional capacity
- Industrial ecology education
- Industrial symbiosis and value chain collaborations
- Social and cultural dimensions of industrial ecology
- Traditional communities
- Life cycle thinking, tools, and applications
- Life cycle assessment (LCA)
- Input-output analysis
- Sustainable business models and cases
- Sustainable urban and rural systems
To have an abstract included in the conference proceedings, at least one author must be registered by early-bird registration deadline and present the work at the meeting.
Posters can be about research or applied case related to abstract topics. The size of a poster stand is 100 x 140 cm. presentations include a summary of research outline and results or a presentation of an applied case related to Conference topics. Electronic versions of all approved submissions must be presented before May 15, 2016, and physical or printed versions delivered on arrival to the Conference. It is important to strengthen the link between the research and Industrial Ecology.
Companies, public agencies and other organizations are invited to display exhibits regarding innovative green products, services, and technologies. The number of available stands will vary in accordance with sponsor categories. Further information is available upon request.